America's Favorite Singing Cowboy, Gene Autry, did a massive amount of work in Pioneertown and quickly became one of its biggest promoters.
This mix makes a couple dozen of his favorite cookies: Wyoming Cookies!
Make up a big batch and eat 'em while you listen to "Here Comes Santa Claus" or watch The Gene Autry Show.
YIELDS AROUND 2 DOZEN COOKIES, DEPENDING ON SIZE
YOU WILL NEED:
- 15 Ounces of Wyoming Cookie Mix (1 jar)
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1 Large Egg, Room Temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 35o°F.
2. Mix the butter, egg and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix the cookie mix in with the other ingredients. Mix well.
4. Place dollops about 2 tablespoon’s worth onto a greased baking sheet 2” apart.
5. Bake 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Remove onto wire racks to cool.