Cornbread was a staple for just about everyone in the West. Corn was readily available and kept for quite a long time.
This mix comes with a western twist. Cooking directions are included with each 9 ounce jar.
Ingredients: Wheat Flour, Degerminated Yellow Corn Meal, Sugar, Lard, Baking Soda, Salt, Wheat Starch, Cinnamon.
YIELDS 4-8 MUFFINS, DEPENDING ON SIZE
YOU WILL NEED:
- 9 Ounces of Corn Bread Mix (1 jar)
- 1 Egg
- 1/3rd Cup of Milk
1. Preheat oven to 4oo°F.
2. Grease muffin pan or use paper baking cups.
3. BLEND ingredients. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
4. Let rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir slightly.
5. FILL muffin cups 2/3rds full.
6. BAKE 15-2o minutes, or until golden brown.
Copyright © 2o2o Pioneertown Pantry - All Rights Reserved.