Cowboys enjoyed beans. Pioneers enjoyed beans. Prospectors enjoyed beans. Homesteaders enjoyed beans.
Do you enjoy beans?
We bet you do!
This bean mix comes with a mix of over ten beans, a seasoning packet and cooking directions.
Comes in 13.5 ounce jars.
Ingredients: Northern, Pinto, Baby Lima, Large Lima, Yelloweye Bean, Garbanzo, Green Split Pea, Yellow Split Pea, Kidney, White Kidney, Cranberry Bean, Small White, Pink Bean, Small Red, Lentil, Navy, Black Bean.
Seasoning Packet Ingredients: Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Cilantro, Chili Pepper, Garlic, Cumin.
BASIC RECIPE (for more ideas go to our recipe page)
YOU WILL NEED:
- 13.5 Ounces of Beans (1 jar)
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion, if desired
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes, if desired
- Lemon Juice, if desired
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced, if desired
- 1 Pound of Ham Hocks, if desired
1. Place rinsed beans in a large pot, cover with 8 cups of water and allow to soak overnight or at least 8 hours.
Drain water after soaking.
2. Place beans in a large pot with 8 cups of water, onion and meat, if using meat.
3. Bring beans to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1.5 hours. Stir occasionally.
4. After beans are simmering, add tomatoes, lemon juice and garlic.
Simmer while covered for another 3o minutes.
5. Add seasoning packet and simmer for another 5 minutes while uncovered.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Copyright © 2o2o Pioneertown Pantry - All Rights Reserved.